• Peace Park: At the corner of Northeast 40th Street and Roosevelt Way Northeast, this little spot beneath the University Bridge built by legendary peace activist Floyd Schmoe, is home to a statue of young Hiroshima victim Sadako Sasaki.
To order a full color brochure of Seattle Parks go to www.seattle.gov/parks.
• Greater University Chamber of Commerce, www.udistrictchamber.org
• University Neighborhood Service Center, www.seattle.gov/neighborhoods/nsc/university. htm
• Roosevelt Neighborhood Association: www.rooseveltseattle.org/blog.aspx
• University Heights Community Center, www.uhcca.org
• Ravenna-Bryant Community Association: http://www.scn.org/rbca
• Roosevelt Chamber of
Commerce: Phone 206-528-5997
10049 College Way N. (206) 684-0850.For a true emergency call 911.
Fire Department No. 17, 1050 NE 50th St.
PUBLIC SCHOOLS www.seattleschools.org
Northeast Seattle Elementary Schools
7821 Stone Ave. N. (252-5110) Bryant,
3311 N. E. 60th St. (252-5200) Laurelhurst,
4530 46th Ave. N. E. (252-5400) Northgate,
11725 First Ave. N. E. (252-4180) Olympic Hills,
13018 20th Ave. N. E. (252-4300) Olympic View,
504 N. E. 95th St. (252-5500) John Rogers,
4030 N. E. 109th St. (252-4320) Sacajawea,
9501 20th Ave. N. E. (252-5550)
6208 60th Ave. N. E. (252-4640)
7711 43rd Ave. N. E. (252-5300)
7047 50th Ave. N. E. (252-5600)
2720 N. E. 85th St. (252-5670)
K-8 Jane Addams (option school),
11051 34th Ave. N. E. (252-4500) Pinehurst (option school), 11530 12th Ave. N. E. (252-4600) Middle Schools Eckstein,
3003 N. E. 75th St. (252-5010)
High Schools Nathan Hale,
10750 30th Ave. N. E. (252-3680) Roosevelt,
1410 N. E. 66th St. (252-4810)
Higher Education University of Washington: www.washington.edu