Elementary Schools: Bagley,
7821 Stone Ave. N.,
(206) 252-5110 B. F. Day,
3921 Linden Ave. N.,
(206) 252-6010 Green Lake,
2400 N. 65th St., (206) 252-5320
144 N. W. 80th St.,
(206) 252-1400 Lowell APP,
4400 Interlake Ave. N.,
(206) 252-5914 McDonald,
4400 Interlake Ave. N.,
(206) 252-2900 Viewlands,
10525 Third Ave. N. W.,
(206) 252-4400 West Woodland,
5601 Fourth Ave. N. W.,
(206) 252-1600 Whittier,
1320 N. W. 75th St., (206) 252-1650
1610 N. 41st St., (206) 252-5810 Whitman,
9201 15th Ave. N. W., (206) 252-1200
High Schools: Ballard,
1418 N. W. 65th St.,(206) 252-1000 Ingraham,
1819 N. 135th St., (206) 252-3880
Service Schools: Middle College,
1330 N. 90th St., (206) 252-4785 Cascade Parent Partnership Program,
1330 N. 90th St., (206) 252-4720
• Green Lake Park, 7201 E. Green Lake Drive — One of the city’s most beloved parks. Besides being a recreational area for runners, bikers, skaters and walkers, it’s also a natural preserve for hundreds of species of trees and plants.
• Greenwood Park, 602 N. 87th St., is a 2.2-acre park on the site of a former commercial nursery, featuring a play area and paths.
• Woodland Park, 1000 N. 50th St. — Besides the zoo of the same name, there is a multi-purpose park to go with it, though it’s halved by Aurora Avenue North. The east side of the park is one of the city’s busiest, with playfields, tennis courts, lawn bowling, skate park and an off-leash area.
• Sandel Playground, 9053 First Ave N. W. — Greenwood’s first playground, which features a children’s play area, walkways, an open meadow, basketball hoops and wading pool.
To order a full-color brochure of
Seattle Parks to www.seattle.gov/parks.
• Greenwood Jewelers street clock, 129 N. 85th St., with its Masonic message, “Time for Masonry” is still there, though the jewelers is gone.
• The Phinney Ridge curve in front of Starbucks and Red Mill Burgers, at North 67th Street, retraces the old trolley route.
• Woodland Park — The 90.9 acres is the elephant in the neighborhood.
• Green Lake Bathhouse, 7312 W. Green Lake Way.
• Phinney Neighborhood Center, 6532 Phinney Ave. N.
The Greenwood Library, 8016 Greenwood Ave. N., features a growing collection of downloadable audio books, e-books, video and music. Hours: Monday-Thursday 10
a. m.-8 p. m.; Friday-Saturday, 10
a. m.-6 p. m;. Sunday 1-5 p. m. www.spl.org
The Green Lake Library, 7364 E. Green Lake Drive, a Carnegie library building is a neighborhood icon. Hours: Monday-Tuesday, 1-8 p. m.; Wednesday-Thursday, 11 a. m.-6
p. m.; Fridays and Sundays, closed; Saturday, 11 a. m.-6 p. m.
Art Up Phinneywood Second Friday, 6-9 p. m.
About 30 businesses along Phinney and Greenwood avenues North open for exhibits, live entertainment and more. www.seattlefarmersmarkets.org/markets/phinney
Greenwood Classic Car Show Saturday, June 30
The biggest, single-day classic-car event features more than 700 cars on Greenwood Avenue North between North 68th and 90th streets.
Greenwood Seafair Parade Wednesday, July 25, 6-8:30 p. m. Seafair’s oldest parade (62 years) starts at Greenwood Avenue North and North 95th Street, highlighting the “Wonderful, Wild Greenwood.” www.greenwood-phinney.com/events/greenwood-seafair-parade
Phinney Neighborhood Association Winter Festival Saturday Dec. 1-Sunday Dec. 2 Juried crafts booths, live
entertainment, bake sale and lunch items at the Phinney Neighborhood Center, 6532 Phinney Ave. N. www.phinneycenter.org
Phinney Farmers Market Fridays, June 1-Oct. 5. 3-7 p. m. Upper parking lot of the Phinney Neighborhood Center, 6532 Phinney Ave. N.
Aurora Avenue Merchants Association
Greenwood Aurora Involved Neighbors
Greenwood Community Council greenwoodcommunitycouncil.orgGreenwood-Phinney Chamber of Commerce
www.greenwood-phinney.comGreen Lake Chamber of Commerce Contact: Jordan Malloch at (206) 790-5097 or at jordanm@ windermere.com
Green Lake Community Council www.greenlakecommunitycouncil.orgPhinney Neighborhood Association
Phinney Ridge Community Council www.phinneyridgecc.org
North Precinct, 10049 College Way N. (206) 684-0850
For a true emergency call 911.
•No. 21: 7304 Greenwood Ave.
•No. 31: 1319 N. Northgate Way